· 6 bone-in chicken breast thighs
· 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (with NO sugar—we recommend Bove’s marinara, which you can find at Hannaford's or Shaw's or make your own with a can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato paste)
· 2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
· 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
· 1 onion, finely diced
· 2 tablespoons minced garlic
· 1 Tbs. chopped basil
· 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
1. Brown the chicken on both sides in a skillet with olive oil first.
2. Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
3. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.