This song always brought out this feeling in me that I was going to rebel against the world! If someone was going to try to make me I not to do what I wanted to do, I’d go all Bruce Lee on them and do what I wanted anyway. You know like rent a video and not rewind it (if you don’t get that reference, well call me and I’ll explain).
But today, as I was watching everyone kick butt and work hard, I was thinking that coming in and doing the workout, everyone was telling the overlords of unfitness “WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT”!
- We’re not going to take the status quo of ‘normal’ aging!
- We’re not going to take carrying too much bodyfat is normal!
- We’re not going to take being weak is normal!
- We’re not going to take having to have ‘someone do it for me’!
- We’re not going to take not feeling good about being unfit!
I imagine there are a million things that coming in and training we could say “We’re not gonna take it” to, what is yours?
I challenge you today to seek out the things in your life that are “overlords of unfitness” (junk food, too much TV, staying up too late) and tell them “I’M NOT GONNA TAKE IT”, and then don’t take it!
See you in the gym!
Dan “#hairbandlove” Tirabassi